This is my second times baking egg tarts…the first time was using bigger moulds, so the egg tarts came out in a bigger size, but taste really yummylicious. I posted this recipe in chinese.
This time…using egg tarts mould with the same recipe, smaller size & of course taste good as well as the first time too…hihihi. I bought this egg tart moulds quite sometimes ago…but…no mood & no time to bake it again…hahahah….happened so, hubby wanted to visit his ex-colleague, so using this opportunity to bake some egg tarts using my new moulds. 🙂
300g sugar (I just used 210g), 350g water, 5 eggs , 100g evaporated milk.
300g plain flour, 2 tablespoon custard powder, 2 tablespoon milk powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 egg, 200g margarine.
Method (making custard):
1) Boil 350g water and add in suger, mix until completely dissolved.
2) Whisk egg with evaporated milk. Pour in sugar water. Mix well.
Method (making crust):
1) Without using a mixer, mix all the crust ingredients evenly to become a soft dough.
2) Take a small ball of the dough and place dough in the middle of tart mould. Lightly press the dough with your thumbs, starting from the bottom then up to the sides. While pressing the dough, turn the tart mould clockwise/anti-clockwise in order to make an even tart shell. Trim away any excess dough.
Method (baking tarts):
1) Preheat oven to 180C. Bake tarts for 15 to 20 minutes until the edges are lightly brown.