I got this recipe from Jess, thanks to Jess Kitchen.
Ingredients (makes approximately 50 cookies):
- 150g self raising flour
- 80g icing sugar (reduced to 60g)
- 80g ground almond
- 80g diced almonds
- 100g corn oil
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- Egg yolk for brushing
1) Sift together flour and icing sugar, add in ground almond and diced almonds, mix well.
2) Mix almond essence into corn oil and stir well.
3) Mix both ingredients together to form a soft dough. (the dough will come together when you roll them so don’t worry about it being crumbly)
4) Shape into small round balls and place into small paper casing and press it slightly.
5) Brush with egg yolk and decorate with toppings of your choice and bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 15-20mins or until slightly brown.
6) Cool completely on wire rack before storing into airtight containers.